Friday, August 1, 2008

Productive

Instead of doing my usual blog reading and post writing, I'm still pissed that Blogger has me locked out of posting to Monkey Muck, this morning I drove over to Kingsport to my favorite place to buy vintage magazines and I picked up the following mags:




They're all chock full of great vintage pictures and ads that I'll be scanning and posting to my Flickr account in the next week or so.

After buying all those magazines for $3.60 plus tax, I went to another antique store and I picked up the 1972 edition of the East Tennesee State University yearbook. I'll be scanning and uploading pictures from it soon as well.

I'll be doing all this in between my usual blogging, either here or over at the original Monkey Muck, and trying to make the world a better more progressive place. No need to thank me, it's the least I could do for all of you.

10 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Cripes, look how young Chevy Chase is...

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

WC-There are some great crimes against men's fashion photos in that magazine. I can't wait to share them with everyone.

Missy said...

That Chevy Chase cover is fantastic!

Bradda said...

"When Doctors Strike!...The human side of the story"

I think this is an old Stephen King novella!

Bridget Jones said...

Thanks Dr. M. The same thing happened to me on Blogger a while ago.

I have no idea what sets those guys off.

Chris said...

Dude, you leave the best comments on the funniest blogs that I read and I just now find out that you leave in East TN?

Putting you in my google reader now. (PS: Get me some Ridgewood BBQ and email it to me).

Wandering Coyote said...

FYI, if you go to your Dashboard and scroll down, Blogger has posted an apology about the "accidental" spam flagging thing that is going on.

Anonymous said...

Changing my link to you immediately.

RandyLuvsPaiste said...

Blogger needs to take its head outta its ass.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Chris-I also live in east TN as well.